Antarctica is one of the most mysterious places on Earth. ☃️ It’s the coldest location ever discovered, with an average temperature of -58ºF and an occasional drop to as low as -128.5ºF. ❄️ In addition, this continent remains the least explored. Antarctica has no time zones, no countries, and only 2 ATMs. We’re gonna tell you about 10 mysterious and bizarre findings that have been discovered in the ice of Antarctica.
Elongated skulls 2:42
An ancient meteorite 3:28
Ancient fossils 4:19
Petrified remains of an unusual animal 5:01
Blood waterfall 5:44
Dry valleys 6:26
100-year-old whiskey 7:23
A scary creature 8:06
An underground lake 8:43
A frozen ship 9:36
#antarctica #unusualanimal #frozeninice
Achilles – Strings by Kevin MacLeod is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution licence (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/)
Evening of Chaos by Kevin MacLeod is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution licence (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/)
– This was a truly shocking discovery: 3 elongated skulls were found in Antarctica in 2014. These skulls were the first human remains uncovered in Antarctica.
– For the last 50 years, people have found more than 10,000 meteorites in Antarctica. Some of them are more than 700,000 years old.
– It turns out that dinosaurs used to live in Antarctica! Since the ‘80s, scientists have discovered almost a ton of fossils there. Most of these remains are more than 71 million years old.
– Archaeologists made another amazing discovery in 2009: the ice of Antarctica had been hiding the fossilized remains of a unique creature. It was the size of a modern cat, but, unlike our popular pets, the animal was egg-laying.
– An unaware onlooker might easily believe that the Taylor Glacier is leaking blood. Terrifying blood-red liquid indeed flows over the ice and falls into the sea. Luckily, the origin of this water isn’t dramatic at all. This unusual waterfall contains so much iron oxide that it makes the water look like blood.
– While Antartica is a snow-covered continent, you probably wouldn’t associate it with a lack of water. However, this land is home to one of the driest locations on our planet: the Dry Valleys.
– 2 boxes of excellent Scotch whiskey were hidden in the ice of Antarctica for more than 100 years. After archaeologists discovered this unexpected treasure, they didn’t remove it from its ice trap immediately because they were afraid of damaging their finding.
– At a depth of 1,100 ft, American archaeologists made a truly terrifying discovery — they came across an unknown creature that didn’t resemble any other living being known to people.
– Scientists know of approximately 400 lakes in Antarctica. Due to incredible pressure, water stays liquid even when its temperature is below the standard freezing point.
– In 1914, the Imperial Trans-Antarctic Expedition began. Its aim was to cross the icy continent from one side to the other. 2 ships participated in the voyage. Tragically, one of them got stuck in the ice and was crushed.
Subscribe to Bright Side : https://goo.gl/rQTJZz
Our Social Media:
5-Minute Crafts Youtube: https://www.goo.gl/8JVmuC