BARBIE HACKS AND DIYs
My nieces tend to play with toys in ebbs and flows. Sometimes they are more into Lego, and sometimes they are more into Barbie play. Whatever the kids are into, I do like to look for ways to facilitate and extend their play. We recently made tote bags out of empty travel bottles of shampoo and conditioner. The awesome thing about the bags is they DO act like a bag and easily hold a lot of things inside. My girls love them! So next time you have a small bottle around, give it a try!
Small bottle – travel shampoo bottles are ideal because there is some give in the plastic but other small plastic bottles could work too.
1 Pipe cleaner – cut in half
Single hole punch
1. I cut the bottle horizontally in half with large scissors.
2. Wash bottle and remove label.
3. Cover in washi tape. The girls and I lay the tape vertically and wrapped the edges over into the middle of the bag. This ensures the edges are nice and soft. They actually aren’t sharp at all anyway. Lay a piece of tape along the bottom to seal any overlapping tape.
4. Hole punch 4 holes, 2 on each side for the handles.
5. Cut a pipe cleaner in half and create handles by threading each piece through two of the holes.
Enjoy your new bag! : )
1:53 Visit to hair-dresser
3:33 Pimp my ride
6:19 Blue hair dye
8:21 New shades
9:38 Beach time
13:45 Balloon backpack
Our Social Media:
The Bright Side of Youtube: https://goo.gl/rQTJZz
For more videos and articles visit:
Music by Epidemic Sound: https://www.epidemicsound.com/ This video is made for entertainment purposes. We do not make any warranties about the completeness, safety and reliability. Any action you take upon the information on this video is strictly at your own risk, and we will not be liable for any damages or losses. It is the viewer’s responsibility to use judgment, care and precautions if one plans to replicate.
The following video might feature activity performed by our actors within controlled environment- please use judgment, care, and precaution if you plan to replicate.