How to prevent mosquito bites? In the summer, we all want to spend more time out in the fresh air, take walks in the park, and enjoy the greenery and flowers. But mosquitoes can ruin even the most wonderful vacations. Btw, research has proven that mosquitoes can rapidly learn and remember the smells of hosts, and that’s what makes some people more preferable than others.
Did you know, for example, that mosquitoes just hate the lavender smell? This is an herb that’s super easy to get ahold of. You can also just set small bushels of lavender around your backyard living area. So if you taste especially sweet, here’s the list of the recipes for natural fragrances that will scare the mosquitoes away, so you can enjoy the pleasures of summer. Try them instead of reaching for more chemical sprays!
Neem Oil 6:09
Floss Flowers 7:02
#mosquitoes #lifehacks #brightside
– Citronella is from the lemongrass plant and covers up the smell of carbon dioxide and lactic acid that our bodies give off.
– Lemongrass is a beautiful ornamental grass that originates from Asia. It works like citronella, but even stronger!
– This one might come as a surprise – mosquitos hate the smell of cedar!
– Peppermint is one of the most versatile plants out there. It can be found in an essential oil, teas, candles, and even lotions! To keep mosquitos away, fill a small spray bottle with water, 2 large spoonfuls of witch hazel, then add 10 drops of peppermint oil and shake ‘er up.
– Like citronella, the powerful smell of eucalyptus interferes with the mosquito’s senses so that it can’t find its food.
– Just eating garlic interferes with our pheromones and makes us smell different, making it hard for mosquitoes to find us.
– Plant marigolds around your backyard to repel mosquitos. You could even trim the flowers and put them in a vase on your outdoor table, and mosquitos will leave you in peace.
– Catnip contains nepetalactone, and scientists say its scent is 10 times stronger than your everyday bug spray.
– This is another herb that’s good in the kitchen and for repelling mosquitos. Rosemary is super aromatic, which basically means it has a powerful but pleasant scent – and bugs hate it!
– The most effective way to use sage against mosquitos is to add it to your outdoor fire.
– Feel free to give the inside of your home protection from mosquitos by hanging dried mint or sprinkling clumps of it around the house or on outside surfaces.
Music by Epidemic Sound https://www.epidemicsound.com/
Subscribe to Bright Side : https://goo.gl/rQTJZz
Our Social Media:
5-Minute Crafts Youtube: https://www.goo.gl/8JVmuC